The Conjurers Conflict
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2156, War Between Wizards and Muggles. Who will be left standing?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just by chance...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Scarlet Diao

Scarlet Diao

Just by chance...  Empty
PostSubject: Just by chance...    Just by chance...  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 11:14 am

In a little book and sweets shop a blonde woman was tending to a small boy before sending him upstairs to bed. It was already ten pm, but she left the Open sign in the window, knowing that, though risky, what she did was right.
This wasn't your run on the mill shop.
It was one of the few places where a lot of people found safety.
A magically enlarged and hidden celler was full of small rooms for fugitives. Muggle and Wizard alike.
Though most muggles weren't her thing, these few most elderly people were harmless and needed help. So Scarlet felt obligated to do so.
Unfortunately.
Stirred out of her thoughts by the tinkle of a bell announcing a customer she looked up.
"Hello, Scarlet Diao, how may I help you?"
Back to top Go down
Nemo
Admin
Nemo

Just by chance...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just by chance...    Just by chance...  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 12:56 pm

Nemo was strolling along the streets of London, swaggering his arms back and forth, a slight bounce in his step. He chanced upon a small lolly shop, what luck! He was feeling rather peckish for somthing sugary. Nemo swung the door open and stepped inside, the tinkle of the bell echoing softly against the glass door. Nemo glanced at his surroundings, how very curious that such a shop would be open at this time.

Nemo began browsing the store, ignoring the greeting by the shopkeep, running his fingers over the brightly packaged delectables. His gaze fell on large, round lollypop, the kind one would get at a fair, although it was twice the size of his head. "Ahhhhhh" he remarked as he reached out to the lolly, eyes twinkling at it's bright colours. Taking it in his hands as if it were some long lost treasure he brought it to the counter, "How much?" he enquired.
Back to top Go down
https://wizardmugglewar.rpg-board.net
Scarlet Diao

Scarlet Diao

Just by chance...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just by chance...    Just by chance...  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 2:27 pm

Scarlet's eyes casually continued observing the man as she opened the old fashioned register after a few tries and tilted her head in thought.
"That would be..." ewizarding or muggle money?
"fifty pence or five sickles." she finished, her wand behind her ear as Krabat flew down from his perch,
"sweets and books! Sweets and books! Tasty, tasty, sacred looks" he spoke in his raspy voice,
"Excuse Krabat, he's getting old..." Scarlet shot the raven a look to make him fly upstairs and keep a look out for danger.
The safety shelter was by code access only. And Krabat had just offered the man shelter so Scarlet waited and wondered if he'd accept or just brush off an old birds rambling.
Back to top Go down
Nemo
Admin
Nemo

Just by chance...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just by chance...    Just by chance...  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 2:44 pm

Nemo drummed his fingers on the counter, looking at the woman through the tops of his eyes as he leaned forward, his voice lowered into a whisper, "Thats a very dangerous move in these rough times. You would be wise to choose your words more carefully." Nemo suddnely pulled back his face beaming again as with his free hand it dropped a small pile of various coins onto the counter, far exceeding the amount requested.

"You seem to have a lot of mouths to feed..." Nemo stated casually, as he unwrapped the lollypop and began to lick it savouringly, "Keep the change" Nemo sighed as he started towards the exit. Just as he reached the door, Nemo spun around, "Come to think of it, I'm here visiting in London and have no where to spend the night, could you possibly direct me somewhere to stay?"
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Diao

Scarlet Diao

Just by chance...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just by chance...    Just by chance...  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 4:38 pm

I stiffened at his whisper, dueling training had me ready to protect myself when he pulled back.
Finding he seemed to know more than he let on I merely nodded, "Its been a pleasure." I stated softly and then sighed.
"follow me please." I magically closed the shutters and opened a door that had suddenly appeared, walking down the stairs and coming out in a looooong hallway, the few open doors showed elderly people, mostly muggles, some young magic folk too.
"this is where people come when they have no place to go. We get a lot of elderly muggles, whose homes have been raided. And a lot of younger magical people because they're families have lost them or disowned them. The typical story," I explained on the way finally stopping at an empty room.
Each room was very small with a bed, a nightstand and a spare change of clothes.
"you can stay, but know that this place is unplottable and only those whom I allow can see it. So please. Keep it quiet."
Back to top Go down
Nemo
Admin
Nemo

Just by chance...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just by chance...    Just by chance...  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 1:51 am

Nemo stepped inside and glanced at his surroundings leaving his hostess out in the hall. Speaking through the door frame Nemo said, "You know, it's very good of you to take all these people in, magic and non magic alike, such kindness is so hard to come by in this day and age." Nemo began to settle down for the night, the 'no place to stay' as a farce of course, a sting to test the woman's character. Nemo stood motionless save the licking of the lollypop he had purchased upstairs.

"It is a difficult time for most, some would not take the chance out of fear, others are just too hateful to do what you have done." and with those words Nemo stepped back so that the door to the room may close, by the time the door had shut and the lock clicked, Nemo was already gone. In his stead was a large bag of currency and a note written in golden flowing script reading "Scarlet, Remember what you are doing is for the benefit of everyone, Kind Regards Nemo"

The bag and note rested in the room over night, only found the next day, during the morning check.

OOC: Sorry if that last bit is a bit God Moddy
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Diao

Scarlet Diao

Just by chance...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just by chance...    Just by chance...  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 10:56 am

Ooc: no problem, it's fine Smile
ic:
I listened to his words and bowed my head slightly, knowing his words to be true and felt something good in me. Nice change...
"Thank you," I said letting him retire.
The next morning I did my rounds and gasped when I saw Nemos room.
I read the note and carefully put it in my pocket and quickly put the money in the safe, deep inside the walls.
Whoever Nemo was, he was always welcome here.

I knew many of the people staying here would be happy to know that meals wouldn't be quite so sparce in future, i knew Logan would be happy to have another pair of pants.
The next few weeks would prove a bit easier and I hoped I could manage to keep up what I was doing. I knew I'd never quit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just by chance...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just by chance...    Just by chance...  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just by chance...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Conjurers Conflict :: The Rest of The World :: British Isles :: Scarlet's Book And Sweet Store-
Jump to: