The Conjurers Conflict
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2156, War Between Wizards and Muggles. Who will be left standing?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Grocery shopping..for a bookstore..yeah...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Scarlet Diao

Scarlet Diao

Grocery shopping..for a bookstore..yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Grocery shopping..for a bookstore..yeah...   Grocery shopping..for a bookstore..yeah... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 2:45 pm

Scarlet slyly turned to her natural form instead of the mousy brunnette she had been appearing as and walked past a few market stands, a stack full of books in one arm, a list of grocieries in the other.
A few minutes later she emerged, completely engulfed by paper bags, bursting with enough vegetables and meat to feed an incredibly hungry and huge family.
Somewhat true.
The refugees needed food, but couldn't go out to get it. So Scarlet had to.
Not to mention her ten year old brother needed nutrition.
Now this was all good and so, but now she couldn't see where she was going...
And tripped over a cobblestone dropping everything.
In a moment of panic for books..and food, she used magic, "petrificus momentum!" the food and books gfloated in midair and Scarlet quickly gathered them again, rushing towards her shop, only to see there was someone in there, talking to her brother.
She entered and met the guest with a steely look.
"Tell Krabat dinner will be ready soon. Go."
the small boy nodded and smiled calling the Raven and running upstairs to the flat above her beloved books and sweets shop.
Setting her bags on the counter she turned to the stranger.
"May I help you?" she asked, making a mental note to lock the store when she left, even if only fir a few minutes.

Last edited by Scarlet Diao on Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ramon Vargas

Ramon Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping..for a bookstore..yeah...   Grocery shopping..for a bookstore..yeah... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 3:12 pm

Let it be known that Ramon was by no means fond of sweets, but his sister had asked him for some, and he really was in no mood for a fight, so he had caved and gone out to get her some. Oh how he wondered why women were subjected to PMS. He sighed to rid himself of the thought, and was rather surprised to find a shop open, but with no shopkeeper. He entered the place without much thought, looking around. Not really knowing what to get, he randomly grabbed a handful of what looked to be licorice wands and brought them over to the counter.

He looked around with a raised brow until he saw someone descending the stairs. He turned to find a small boy that looked to be a few years younger than his sister. He bent to be eye-level with the boy and smiled, "Hi, mind telling me where your parents are?" The boy was about to answer, only to be interrupted by the door opening and a female voice ordering the boy away to tell Krabat...? that dinner will be ready. He straightened himself, and watched as the lady placed her groceries on the counter and spoke, "I was just actually looking to buy these." He held up the Licorice Wands.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Diao

Scarlet Diao

PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping..for a bookstore..yeah...   Grocery shopping..for a bookstore..yeah... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 4:13 pm

Scarlet's posture relaxed visibly as he explained,
"that would be about five sickles" I said before seeing my black raven fly down to us.
"Books are crazy. Books are fun. Books to read, one by one!" his raspy raven voice spoke to the man.
"that's Krabat," Scarlet explained as the Raven flew through what seemed to be a wall.
Well, there's one bird who won't get dessert tonight.
"And Im Scarlet, Scarlet Diao. I couldn't interest you in a book, could I? Mind, they're all loaners." she looked over to a wall, seemingly made of books. And a small pile of children books was situated in the corner, where her little bro spent his time.
Back to top Go down
Ramon Vargas

Ramon Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping..for a bookstore..yeah...   Grocery shopping..for a bookstore..yeah... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 7:21 pm

Ramon noted that nodded and took out the necessary amount of sickles and dropped placed it on the counter, beside the groceries. He watched as a raven flew and spoke, raising a brow at it. It's words were random, but he felt as if it meant something more than what it literally said. He shrugged the thoughts off though, not wanting to over think things too much. When the rave flew threw the wall, Ramon shrunk the Licorice Wands with an idle wave of his wand, placed them in a container and pocketed them.

"Ramon... Vargas," said he by means of introduction. He wasn't really in the mood to make idle chitchat, what he wanted to know was what was behind the wall that Krabat went through. He looked through the collection and shrugged, "I might just stay around for a bit to read, if that is fine?" He asked her, meeting her gaze curiously.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Diao

Scarlet Diao

PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping..for a bookstore..yeah...   Grocery shopping..for a bookstore..yeah... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 12:42 am

"Be my guest, that's what the books are here for. Can I get you a coffe, tea or hot chocolate?" I asked seeing Logan coming down the stairs wearing an overly large grey sweater over a pear of jeans.
The ten year old walked up to Ramon and smiled, "Charles Dickens is great, her favorite." he recommended glancing at his sister.
I fought the urge to roll my eyes.
"Not my favorite." I muttered, Moms favorite.
"Logan what have I told you about bothering customers or reading people?"
"To not to?"
"good boy. Go help Krabat." my little brother also dissappeared through the wall. Lovely magic, no one could see the door or go through it unless I let them.
Lovely.
I got myself a cup of coffee and awaited Ramons answer before nodding and a few minutes later I was sitting in one of the many large armchairs going through what looked like a list of books though it was really a list of the fugitives staying here. I listened to the old radio that was muttering softly and I nodded to myself as I listened for their names to see if they had family looking fir them or if I had to warn them about anything else
anything other than the war raging at our doorstep. Absentmindedly my hair went from it's usual blonde to a dark black as I heard the announcement of another death and I sighed slightly. Great. Another person lost. At least it was just a muggle- no...no. Shouldn't think like that. That's how we got this mess in the first place...
Right?
Back to top Go down
Ramon Vargas

Ramon Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping..for a bookstore..yeah...   Grocery shopping..for a bookstore..yeah... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 2:39 pm

"Coffee would be good." He said, before adding, "No sugar or milk." He never took it any other way, always preferring the black and bitter type of coffee to the overly sweet ones that have been filled with sugar. He raised a brow at the boy's words, but nodded nonetheless. Charles Dickens was okay, but it wasn't exactly one of his favorites. He idly let his eyes scan the bookcase for any interesting book despite knowing that there would be none.

As the small boy disappeared through the same wall Krabat did, his brows furrowed, and he curiously turned to Scarlet. "May I know where this leads to?" He asked, gesturing to the wall that was so obviously a portal. He crossed his arms over his chest and raised a brow, waiting for her answer. His wand, tucked just underneath his jacket, was easily accessible need it be.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Diao

Scarlet Diao

PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping..for a bookstore..yeah...   Grocery shopping..for a bookstore..yeah... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 5:29 pm

I brought him coffee and then settled only to look up at his words, my hair now turning a dark red, mild warning,
"You may, or may not. Quite depends.." my hair started to get streaks of it's gold back as I let myself trail off and I raised a brow at his position.
"you should relax, bookstores are generally places of calm" my soft voice fit like a glove to my soft smile, my usual way of calming people.
"And I was the most gifted dueler in my year at Hogwarts" I commented with a laugh thinking his wand must be easy to grab for him.
"Not that that means I'm going to fight you, there's no reason. I own a book and sweets shop for merlins sake. I'm supposed to be cool, calm and collected" I couldn't help but chuckle. I felt kind of sorry for the man who seemed so tense.
Maybe he was stressed, none of my business I guess but still.

"So did you go to Hogwarts? Or Dumstrang?" he didn't appear to be the beauxbatons type but hey, never judge a book by it's cover.
I glanced at a book in the box next to him, 'The Art of War' great book. Maybe he'd like that. Who knew?
Back to top Go down
Ramon Vargas

Ramon Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping..for a bookstore..yeah...   Grocery shopping..for a bookstore..yeah... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 9:54 am

"I guess I'll pass." He said, finishing that conversation. He was in no mood to sully himself with blood just for a measly room that could quite possibly be just a bedroom. But then again, why did she seem so defensive...? And that flash of red hair...

Ramon thought her rather dim. He watched as she kept changing her hair color. Whether consciously or not, it was a stupid move. To openly reveal that she was a metamorphmagus was like telling people that you can easily run from them and you wouldn't find them... Unless of course you shove Veritaserum down their throats and make them say so... And there is also Legilimency... He made a mental note to stock up on some Veritaserum... Just in case.. Her comment of bookstores usually being places of calm went into his ear and out the other. In war, no one gave much damn what place you are in and whether or not they are a place of war. You fight when you do and not when you don't. As simple as that.

He almost rolled his eyes at her statement of being the most gifted dueler in her year at Hogwarts. Well, that was Hogwarts. Newsflash, duels there are nothing compared to real life, especially if you're up against a Death Eater who's been brought up with Dark Curses as his first words. His hands moved into his pockets, and he lifted a finger to scan the titles of the tomes on the shelves. "Durmstrang." He answered curtly. Though I really can't see why that is any of your business he added in his head.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Diao

Scarlet Diao

PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping..for a bookstore..yeah...   Grocery shopping..for a bookstore..yeah... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 12:33 pm

Oc: sry for the wait, I kinda forgot about it, hehe
ic:
I rolled my eyes at his demeanor but just thought of the note Nemo had left me. What I was doing was the best for everybody, and I firmly believed that peace could be achieved, even if I couldn't yet grasp the idea that all muggles were equal to us.

I nodded at his answer and it clicked in my head, durmstrang was a dark school..he could very possibly be a dark wizard. Oh well just my luck.
Hmm.. I stood and started sorting through a pile of files, looking fir that one recipe on a huge stew. Ironically enough called Hobo stew. Supposedly delicious however I was not sure..well we'd make due with what we had.
I knew he was a wizard now and so I wandlessly summoned the paper after I gave up looking. The scroll flew from where he was into my hands. Ahh. Great. We'd probably be closing soon, so I could go to the Turtles.
Turtles..what a brilliant name fir a bunch of elderly refugees.
If he wanted something now would be a good time,
"We'll be closing in a few minutes, so if you want a book or anything..." I said putting the scroll in my pocket and looking at him awaiting an answer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping..for a bookstore..yeah...   Grocery shopping..for a bookstore..yeah... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grocery shopping..for a bookstore..yeah...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Conjurers Conflict :: The Rest of The World :: British Isles :: Scarlet's Book And Sweet Store-
Jump to: