The Conjurers Conflict
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2156, War Between Wizards and Muggles. Who will be left standing?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Lazy Day

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Catherine Vargas

Catherine Vargas

A Lazy Day Empty
PostSubject: A Lazy Day   A Lazy Day I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 5:55 am

It was such a beautiful sunny day that day, and it seemed as if, for just a day, the war had stopped. There was no report of a missing/dead person in the day's paper, and Catherine had to wonder if the peace could continue on. She yawned. She had come to The Leaky Cauldron to have some lunch, seeing as there wasn't really anyone at home to eat with. Of course, staying true to her character, Catherine had brought her guitar with her, though she has yet to play it. It lay against the table, still in its case, waiting to be taken out and used.

Her food, which consisted of an Apple Crumble, since she had finished the Main Course and had now moved to Dessert. She picked up her spoon and took a small piece off and placed it in her mouth. She smiled at the sweet and cinnamon-ny flavor the treat gave her, and moved to take another piece when a shadow overhead signalling the arrival of another person caused her to stop.

"Hello," greeted Catherine with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Diao

Scarlet Diao

A Lazy Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Lazy Day   A Lazy Day I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 11:45 am

Logan had run ahead of me to the Leaky and I immedietly jogged after him, not wanting him to get hurt. With all I was doing I knew if someone found out we'd be top of the hit list.
The people I took in had started reffering to themselves as Turtles as a joking reference to their age. It was useful though. Now I could just say 'feeding the Turtles.'
Logan stopped at a girl with a guitar case. His musical fascination and talent was rare for a ten year old and while I wished I could endorse it, I didn't have the means.
"Hello Ma'am, do you really play?"
"Logan for Merlins sake please don't bother-"
"People who are eating, sleeping, bathing or reading. I know Scar, sorry ma'am"
"Forgive my little brother, he loves music. I'm Scarlet Diao, I'm sorry if we bothered you." I brushed a now redish brown strand of hair behind my ear as I gently pulled Logan into my arms. Same hair color as our mother.
Logan smiled at the familiar color and whispered in my ear.
Smiling I obliged and turned my eye color to the green of a cat, also assuming actual cat eyes and a grey snout with a pink nose and white whiskers.
After he'd gotten his laugh I changed back to my normal features and blonde hair, smiling at the woman before sending Logan to the counter with some coins to get himself a pumpkin juice.
"Kids," I laughed, "get a kick out of everything."
Back to top Go down
Catherine Vargas

Catherine Vargas

A Lazy Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Lazy Day   A Lazy Day I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 2:20 pm

Catherine laughed, nodding at the boy's curious question. "Yes, in fact, I do." She answered gently tapping her fingers on the table in a rhythmic pattern. She watched the boy interact with the older - metarmorphmagus - girl, and assumed that they were probably siblings. Oh how she wished she had the same relationship with her older brother. She waved the girl's apology off with a carefree smile, "It's no problem at all! Oh really? Does he know how to play any instruments? If he doesn't, I can teach him some basics on the guitar, since I don't exactly have anything else at the moment." Catherine was quite adept at various instruments, including (but not limited to) the guitar, piano, drums, and certain others... "Oh, I'm Catherine," she then turned to the little boy, "And what might your name be?"

She watched Scarlett subtly get rid of her younger brother and laughed to herself, nodding at the woman's words. "Yeah, that's what make them cute, though. I love them." She said. "Wish I could constantly be around them." She of course, didn't mention that there were actually some muggle kids in the Manor's basement, and that they were all there for her father and brother's amusement.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Diao

Scarlet Diao

A Lazy Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Lazy Day   A Lazy Day I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 5:42 pm

"our father used to play and I've caught him trying to write music a few times, but I can only sing and therefore am not a big help. That would be lovely if you could show him a bit, as long as we aren't bothering you." I smiled, my hair reverting to it's original golden blonde state.
Logan returned with a smile, "Im Logan, I really love music. Would you really teach me?" his ten year old voice was so excited one could easily forget what he must have already been through.

"oh the love of constantly being around them fades..." I said shooting Logan a teasing look as I ruffled his hair. He had the same reddish brown hair as Mom, while I took after our blonde father.
It was nice to have at least our own looks as memories. More than once Id have to make myself look like our mother to ease him to sleep after a nightmare.

"You should visit us! We have a sweets shop! Well, we sell books too." the boy eagerly told his new friend. He was so trusting, whereas I was always wary. Though Catherine seemed incredibly nice, mostly for not shooing the boy away.
"yes, the only sweets and book store in London." I laughed, thinking it would be good for Ben to talk to people other than the Turtles, Krabat or his older sister.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Vargas

Catherine Vargas

A Lazy Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Lazy Day   A Lazy Day I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 2:42 pm

"Oh, not at all!" Catherine said with a chuckle. "Though I would love to hear you sing." She turned to Logan when he returned and nodded, "Well, Logan, I love music too! And sure I will. What would you like to learn, though?" She inquired, a friendly smile on her face. The kid was adorable, and she has always been rather fond of children.

She chuckled at Scarlet's words. "I take it you must be surrounded by his friends as well?" She asked with a laugh. "Oh?" She raised a brow at Logan's eager words. "Isn't that lovely? A bookshop and a sweet shop?" Catherine was a big fan of sweets, and reading and books were nice too. "Maybe I'll drop by sometime. Where is it?"

(OOC: Sorry for the wait! Life in general got in the way!)
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Diao

Scarlet Diao

A Lazy Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Lazy Day   A Lazy Day I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:34 am

I smiled as Logan nodded eagerly, willing to learn.
When she said I must be surrounded by his friends I nodded.
His friends were mostly roughly 80, 17 or 2...but I ws surrounded.
"feel free to visit when you wish, we're open everyday, from 7 to 11." I stated running my fingers through my hair, debate on if I should go with s younger look when I went scouting tomorrow. Mhmm..
(oc; no problem I totally get that Smile )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Lazy Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Lazy Day   A Lazy Day I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Lazy Day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Conjurers Conflict :: Wizard's World :: Diagon Alley :: Leaky Cauldron-
Jump to: